2022 Graduate Midwifery Program
Djerriwarrh Health Services (DjHS)
Djerriwarrh Health Services (DjHS) is a dynamic and rapidly expanding public health service providing acute, community and residential care services to the City of Melton and Shire of Moorabool in Melbourne's Western suburbs. Maternity Services offers a newly renovated maternity unit, birthing rooms, and a Level III Special Care Nursery. Peri-operative services redevelopment project was completed and opened in June 2019, offering a state of the art theatre complex.
We offer a positive, friendly and supportive work environment to enable you to consolidate the fundamentals of your midwifery practice. We focus on your ongoing professional development by offering an extensive orientation program as well as attendance at the Antenatal Study Day, PROMPT, Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation and Breastfeeding Study Day. Participants receive supernumerary time in each specialty. DjHS also offers salary packaging (up to $9010 per annum) and free parking at all of our sites.
In 2022, DjHS has 1 position available for a Registered Midwife to join our innovative Graduate Midwifery Program. You will be employed on a 12 month fixed term, part time contract (64 hours per fortnight).
All applicants must be eligible to register for the PMCV Computer Matching process. Please visit https://allocations.pmcv.com.au/ to determine your eligibility.
For further information on our Graduate Programs, please visit
Graduate Midwifery Program (1 position):
The Midwifery Program will commence late January 2022. The participant will rotate through the following areas:
- Maternity Unit- antenatal assessment, labour, birth and postnatal care
- Antenatal Clinic (supernumerary)
- Domiciliary care (supernumerary)
- Special Care Nursery (supernumerary)
- Acute tertiary setting (Joan Kirner Women's and Children's Hospital, Western Health)
This is a great opportunity to develop your skills in caring for women across the continuum. Our staff will support you on your learning journey as you strengthen your midwifery skills to deliver women centred care to women, and their families. You will also develop skills to collaborate and refer within a dedicated multidisciplinary maternity team. An ideal Graduate Program for those midwives who hope to work in a rural unit or in a continuity of care model in the future.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (with photo embedded within document). Please include a list of all undergraduate clinical placements (location, type, hours).
- Certified Academic Transcript (with key attached)
- Copies of 2 recent Clinical Assessment Tools
- Contact details (phone and email addresses) of 2 clinical referees (as nominated on your PMCV - Allocation and Placement Services registration).
If you are unable to meet the documents criteria, please contact the Graduate Programs Coordinator to negotiate your submission.
You are required to upload your documents in two separate files - it is recommended to combine cover letter, CV and academic transcript into one file and clinical assessment tools into the second file.
Please note UPLOADS CANNOT EXCEED 4MB.
Further information requested on application:
- Briefly address the key selection criteria. The key selection criteria can be found within the Position Statement.
- Organisations Values - how will you work within our values? (one paragraph only)
Applications Close: Friday 9 July at 5pm.
Applications must be submitted online - to apply for this position click Apply Now
The successful applicants will be required to provide a current Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to the commencement of employment.
For enquiries regarding the program or the application process please contact:
Chelsea Cornford, Student and Graduate Nurse Coordinator
Djerriwarrh Health Services
Phone: 5367 9824
Claire Josephs, Midwifery Educator
Djerriwarrh Health Services
Phone: 5367 9882