2022 Combined Nursing and Midwifery Graduate Program
Djerriwarrh Health Services (DjHS)
Djerriwarrh Health Services (DjHS) is a dynamic and rapidly expanding public health service providing acute, community and residential care services to the City of Melton and Shire of Moorabool in Melbourne's Western suburbs. Maternity Services offers a newly renovated maternity unit, birthing rooms, and a Level III Special Care Nursery. Perioperative services redevelopment project was completed and opened in June 2019, offering a state of the art theatre complex.
We offer a positive, friendly and supportive work environment to enable you to consolidate the fundamentals of your nursing and midwifery practice. We focus on your ongoing professional development by offering an extensive orientation program as well as attendance at the Antenatal Study Day, PROMPT, Advanced Neonatal Resuscitation and Breastfeeding Study Day. Participants receive supernumerary time in each specialty. DjHS also offers salary packaging (up to $9010 per annum) and free parking at all of our sites.
In 2022, DjHS has 3 positions available for the newly registered dual Nursing and Midwifery degree graduate to join our Combined Nursing and Midwifery Graduate Program. You will be employed on a 12-month fixed-term, part-time contract (64 hours per fortnight).
All applicants must be eligible to register for the PMCV Allocation and Placement Service. Please visit https://allocations.pmcv.com.au/ to determine your eligibility.
For further information on our Graduate Programs, please visit
Combined Nursing and Midwifery Graduate Program (3 positions):
The Combined Nursing and Midwifery Graduate Program will commence in late January 2022. The participants will rotate through the following areas:
- Maternity Unit - antenatal assessment, labour, birth and postnatal care
- Acute Tertiary Setting (Joan Kirner Women's and Children's Hospital, Western Health)
- Medical-Surgical Unit (Nursing)
This is a great opportunity to develop and consolidate your broad range of skills in both nursing and midwifery. From a midwifery perspective, this program provides you with the unique opportunity to care for women across the continuum in a supportive environment. Our staff will support you on your learning journey as you strengthen your midwifery skills to deliver women-centred care to women and their families. From a nursing perspective, you will have the opportunity to consolidate your nursing skills in a generalist environment, being exposed to surgical, medical, end of life care and detoxification.
Please include the following documents in your application:
- Cover Letter
- Resume (with photo embedded within the document). Please include a list of all undergraduate clinical placements (location, type, hours)
- A certified true copy of your Academic Transcript (with key attached)
- Copies of 2 Clinical Assessment Tools (one from your most recent nursing placement and one from your most recent midwifery placement)
- Contact details (phone and email addresses) of 2 clinical referees (as nominated on your PMCV - Allocation and Placement Services registration)
If you are unable to meet the documents criteria, please contact the Graduate Programs Coordinator to negotiate your submission.
You are required to upload your documents in two separate files - it is advised to combine cover letter, CV and academic transcript into one file and clinical assessment tools into the second file prior to uploading.
Please note UPLOADS CANNOT EXCEED 4MB.
Further information requested on application:
- Briefly address the key selection criteria. The key selection criteria can be found within the Position Statement
- Organisations Values - how will you work within our values? (one paragraph only)
Applications Close Friday 9 July at 5pm.
Applications must be submitted online - to apply for this position click Apply Now.
The successful applicants will be required to provide a current Police Check and Working with Children Check prior to the commencement of employment.
For enquiries regarding the program or the application process please contact:
Student and Graduate Nurse Coordinator
Djerriwarrh Health Services
Phone: 5367 9824
Djerriwarrh Health Services
Phone: 5367 9882